LIVING OUT THE MISSION OF GOD TOGETHER
A Neighborhood Group is one of the 4 fundamental ways to connect into Woodside and our mission. Our desire is that every member and attendee of Woodside experiences the joy of a biblical community where they grow upward, inward and outward through information, imitation and innovation. We want to see our neighborhoods and communities transformed by the love and story of Jesus Christ as we live out our faith together as missionaries in a Neighborhood Group.
Neighborhood Groups are DISCIPLES OF JESUS COMMITTED TO BELONGING AND GROWING TOGETHER AS THEY REACH THEIR NEIGHBORS AND NETWORKS WITH THE GOSPEL.
This means every group is committed to 3 core values!
- Deepening Upward – with God (Grow)
- Growing Inward – with one another (Belong)
- Reaching Outward – taking the gospel to our neighbors and networks (Reach)
HOW CAN I JOIN A GROUP?
Click on the ‘get involved’ tab at the top of this page to get started.
By the way… there are no prerequisites or qualifications to be involved in a Neighborhood Group. You don’t have to be a Bible scholar or a person who has been in church for years. You only need to attend Woodside and have a desire to learn more about being a disciple of Jesus! If you are new to the church this is the perfect place for you get connected with other individuals and families who attend Woodside. Our groups are safe! You can ask questions, work through your struggles and difficulties and continue on your journey of faith in Jesus right along side other people who love you.
TELL ME SOME OF THE DETAILS
Every Neighborhood Group determins their own schedule. They all:
- Groups can begin meeting anytime. Each leader commits to leading their group for at least one full school year. Each group determines what they will do in the summer. Summer represents the best time for mission so if you would like to continue meeting, we would greatly encourage you to do so. We ask each group to choose one month to take off during the course of a calendar year to allow for everyone to take a breather. We suggest January or August as the best two options.
- Groups commit to meeting at least 2 times each month for at least 90 minutes.
- Groups commit to participating in any Campus Pastor led events and initiatives if at all possible.
- Groups are encouraged to meet 2 times each month in gender specific personal space discipleship groups.
GET TO KNOW OUR NEIGHBORHOOD GROUP COMMUNITY
|MissionalGroups.com – This is a blog and forum site developed and written by Steve Zarrilli and Andy Baligian. It’s a place where you can read about missional communities like Neighborhood Groups. You can read about topics like ‘overcoming fears’ and ‘proximity versus affinity based groups’ as well as leave feedback and interact on forums with other individuals from around the country who are doing similar things.|
|Click the icon and ‘like’ us on Facebook to join our community. Fans of the page share stories and prayer requests, ask questions and collaborate together to encourage and inspire one another to continue the Neighborhood Group journey.|
|Click on the icon and follow us on Twitter. ‘WoodsideNGroups’ shares quotes, short stories, news and links that will help you stay informed and grow as a leader or member of a Neighborhood Group.|
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS…
Let us know and we’ll help you out! Always feel free to contact your Campus Pastor with any questions you might have. Here’s our central support team that is always willing to talk about all things Neighborhood Groups!
Mike Ely (Neighborhood Group Director) - Oversees Troy Region / Assists all Neighborhood Groups
Click Here to e-mail Mike.
Sandi Vincent (Neighborhood Group Administrative Assistant) – Administrates Troy Region / Provides administrative support to all Groups
Click Here to e-mail Sandi.